#EyeFood - Chinese New Year
Welcome back this month for another instalment of #EyeFood. Celebrate Chinese New Year with this tasty, eye-friendly and really easy recipe.
If you’re anything like us when you think of Chinese food, you think of fresh, delicious ingredients and contrasting flavours, well this recipe is a perfect blend of both.
Stir-fried Greens with Oyster Sauce can be made and ready in just 10 minutes, perfect after a busy day.
This recipe is rich in vitamins and zinc, just two vital ingredients to keeping your eyes healthy from the inside. Greens are also packed full of Lutein, which protects the eye by forming pigments in the macula. The more pigments you have, the less likely you are to fall prey to age-related conditions such as Macular Degeneration and Cataracts. Try adding Kale and Green Beans to this recipe for an even bigger dose of Lutein.
For added protein try adding Tofu or Chicken before the noodles, protein is essential for the repair and growth of your body. Also, avoid going too heavy on the chilli, this can dry eyes out and cause irritation.
Let’s get into it, shall we…
- 100g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 3 chopped garlic clove
- 1 deseeded red chilli
- 100g thinly sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 200g broccoli
- 2 chopped pak choi
- Fry the noodles in a saucepan until brown.
- Mix the soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce in a separate bowl. Heat the sunflower oil in a large wok, add the spring onions, chopped garlic and chopped chilli.
- Stir fry for 20 seconds, add mushrooms and broccoli. Stir-fry for a further minute before adding the pak choi and sauce mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes while stirring the mixture on high heat. If the sauce starts to become too thick, add some water.
- Add the noodles to the contents of the wok. Remove from heat and begin to toss content to mix well. Serve the meal in pre-heated bowls for the best result!
Easy, right? We would love to hear from you, try this super easy recipe for yourself and let us know what you think using #EyeFood on Instagram.
So that’s it for #EyeFood this month, but from everyone here at Eye Academy, we would like to wish you a Happy Chinese New Year!