Gold Eye Examination
Gold Eye Examination
Our most popular eye examination by far, we use the gold standard of optical technology to give you the most thorough examination available.
The Gold Eye Examination blends market-leading Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) with the highest standard of professional care. This is the gold standard eye examination within Eye Academy’s clinical services offering.
As an authorised practitioner utilising the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT, we, at Eye Academy, are proud to have the capability to offer our patient’s the most in-depth ophthalmological assessment of the retina and optic nerve available within the industry. Producing a 3-dimensional image of the optic nerve, macula and central retina, the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT has revolutionised the ability to detect abnormalities in the earliest stages of disease development and is paramount in the detection of sight-threatening conditions such as Glaucoma, Age-related Macular Degeneration and Retinal Detachment.
The fourth dimension of the Heidelberg Spectralis 4D OCT is Time, with Heidelberg’s TruTrack Active Eye Tracking technology allowing our Specialist Optometrists to monitor and analyse true disease progression precisely, after performing successive scans. Our Gold Eye Examination is recommended for every patient attending the Eye Academy practices*, generating a baseline scan for patients with healthy eye’s and permitting the correct diagnosis and management plan in patients who may require onward referral for further treatment.
The Gold Eye Examination is recommended for:
- All patients - this will determine a baseline ocular health
- Patients with complex prescritions and or a history of eye disease treatment or surgery
- Smokers – Smoking can seriously affect eye health and vision. Smoking increases the risk of developing eye diseases such as Age-Related Macular Degeneration, Cataracts, Uveitis (inflammation of the eyes middle layers), serious Dry Eye and many more. Meaning smokers require comprehensive examinations to monitor and manage any changes at their earliest stage.
- Flashes & Floaters – Only patients that have had a recent (past 3 months) Eye Academy NHS, Bronze or Silver Eye Examination and are experiencing flashes & floaters can be booked for this appt, all other patients experiencing Flashes & Floaters must be booked for a Platinum Eye Examination
- Diabetics – This Examination is recommended for patients that have been diagnosed with Diabetes. Diabetic Retinopathy damages the blood vessels in the retina and can result in vision loss. This examination is a more advanced, private alternative to the NHS Diabetic Screening that is usually performed at a hospital.
- Patients complaining of headaches, double vision – These symptoms require more time to find the cause and discuss recommendations and treatment plans